Congratulations to the 2013 Alabama Personal Finance Challenge State Champion!
First Place - Brookwood High School, Jackie Emplaincourt
To the Alabama Personal Finance Challenge
In cooperation with Young Boozer, III, State Treasurer of Alabama
With additional support of Wells Fargo, Alabama State Department of Education, Alabama Securities Commission, and Council for Economic Education,
Give your students a chance to demonstrate their knowledge of personal finance in a fun and rewarding way!
Middle School and High School Divisions
- January 2, 2014- Teacher Registration Begins
- March 3 to April 2, 2014- Online Competition - Teams login and face the Challenge!
- April 4, 2014 - Announcement of top middle school team online test score. This team is the middle school state champion.
- April 4, 2014- Announcement of top high school teams invited to onsite state competition. Travel stipend available.
- April 15, 2014- Top online high school teams compete onsite at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa to determine the Alabama State Champion.
- May 2, 2014 - National Competition in St. Louis, Missouri. Travel stipend available.
- Teachers- Register for the Alabama Personal Finance Challenge today and start creating your student teams. Each person on a four person team has 35 minutes to individually complete a 30 question online test. No limit on number of teams per school. Test results are confidential
- Students - Study hard! The Alabama Personal Finance Challenge will test your knowledge of Earning Income, Protecting and Insuring, Spending and Credit, Saving and Investing
Teachers can create as many student teams as they'd like at no charge.
Students compete in teams of four.
Teacher training workshops and webinars with curriculum materials!
Select Dates and Times on left side of page to view a list of teacher training opportunities. To register for a workshop, email email@example.com
Good luck to all of our student competitors. The National Personal Finance Challenge is a great way to flex your intellectual muscle and compete with students from across Alabama in an exciting and fun competition.
Contact us if you need information or assistance.