To the Texas Personal Financial Literacy Challenge ONLINE!
The Challenge is about to begin:
- October 19, 2012- Fall Challenge Teacher Registration Begins - Come to www.financechallenge.org and register.
- November 26 - December 7, 2012- Fall Online Competition - Teams login and face the Challenge!
- January 1, 2013- Spring Challenge Teacher Registration Begins - Come to www.financechallenge.org and register.
- March 4 - March 22, 2013- Spring Online Competition - Teams login and face the Challenge! Top 2 high school teams based on the online challenge test results for the Fall 2012 and the Spring 2013 school year with the scores from both semesters being compared for each region per division will be invited to the State Finals!
- April 5, 2013 – State Finals- Will be held at The Bullock Texas State Museum. The museum is located at 1800 N. Congress Avenue in Austin, TX 78701. The state champion team will go on to compete for the national title.
- May 2, 2013 – National Personal Finance Challenge – Wells Fargo Advisors Headquarters in St. Louis, MO.
Join hundreds of high school and middle school students across the state in this great academic smack down.
- Teachers- Register today and start creating your student teams.
- Students - Study hard, the Personal Financial Literacy Challenge ONLINE! will test you and your knowledge of personal finance.
Prizes for each division at the state competition - high school and middle school:
- First place team members and teacher each receive $75 cash.
- Second place team members and teacher each receive $50 cash.
Prizes for teachers
- For each registered team that completes the challenge, you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 check.
Every high school student, middle school student and teacher in Texas is invited to compete in the Personal Financial Literacy Challenge. Teachers can create as many student teams as they'd like, and the Texas Council on Economic Education will pay all registration and participation fees.
Good luck to all our student competitors. The Personal Financial Literacy Challenge ONLINE! is a great way to flex your intellectual muscles and participate with students from across Texas in an exciting and fun competition.
Contact us if you need information or assistance.